Jan 14, 2012

LOVE you!





Hello Everyone.
You are all getting into Valentines day cards with a vengeance, so I thought I would join you and enter the   CASE Study Challenge #73 
Card  BELOW by (Jen Rzasa) IS beautiful.
I wondered how I would interpret it!

My intention was to create a negative window, but unfortunately it never materialised,  I did punch many cards in different shapes and mounted them in different ways, then I zoned out and I wondered into some fantasy bubble.
( for a considerable time I might add.)
When the reverie was over, I was engulfed with  numerous cut out shapes, cards, inks, bits of ribbon, beads etc.
In other words utter chaos!

I cannot create in a mess, I am a very organised person, though at this precise moment I was questioning this endowment. I certainly went into a state of torpidity, the scary part about this is that I was enjoying myself!!!!!!!!
My God oops....I mean goodness, this sounds wacky.
I am blaming Frigga( Norse goddess whom Friday was named after) and it was the 13th, unlucky for some!

So you now have the missive of how my card started out, here is the finished product......




I found my Alcohol Inks last week, so I coloured up some Glossy card, following the colour theme of  Jen's butterflys.

Stamped LOVE (magenta rubber stamp) with Ancient Page dye ink, punched out the individual letters and mounted on a creamy coloured Bg. The Frame that will act as my window was cut on the Cricut using the Fancy Frames cartridge, and I randomly inked with antique linen and walnut stain DI.



 The card looks a little crazed don't you think?

It gives off a feeling of Chaos as there is so much going on;.... the busy stamp, the random inking, the multi colours that are not quiet, but strong and vibrant......
ahhhhhhh just like me!!!!!!!!!!
 
My embellishment is probably superfluous, along with the lace, it just all symbolises my harum-scarum state of mind at the time.

All I have left to say at this stage is pop over to Case Study and take a look at Chupa's and the DT cards, they will promote inspiration for this Challenge far more than what I have created, oh well we can't be perfect  All OF THE TIME .


Have a great weekend, at the least the sun is shining today here.
Smiles:)

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Sue.... this post had me in fits of giggles.... I KNOW you can't work in mess ( unlike me!!!!) still what has come from chaos is stunning. Well done my friend. I really like the colours and the whole "busy-ness" of the card. All the embellishments finish it perfectly.

Barb said...

I love coming here! It's one of my favorite things to do before heading to bed each night. You certainly know how to make me laugh, Sue! And I love this card - no matter how busy you may think it looks - it's beautiful! :)

Cheryl said...

oh you do make me laugh hun,this is just brilliant just adore this to bits,love the detail and the colours are my favourite hugs cherylxxxx

Rosemary said...

like barb, i so enjoy coming to visit your blog sue! not only for the wonderful projects you produce, but also for the always entertaining blog posts!! your card is absolutely cool and absolutely you!!

walchowDesign said...

Ditto the rest, I enjoyed reading your posts and full of descriptions (wished I could write like you. With all the fuss that you went thru, I think you've created a beautiful card and the colours are beautifully done too!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue, this is a gorgeous card--love the beads that you attached. I also enjoyed reading about how you created this card. Thanks for sharing. Hugs to you.

Lisa M said...

What a brilliant description, torpidity mixed with a little harum-scarum.
You should make some rustic vintage signs for your crafting room that just describe you. One word for each sign and the colors that coordinate. (ie...onion, verbacious, etc.)I would love to see the items that you pick to compliment the word for decor. :)
I love your work O!
hugs,
Q

Maureen said...

I love your process!! LOL and your honesty! Needless to say, the inspiration led you to create something gorgeous that you love!! That is perfect! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Teneale Williams said...

Oh I just love how you have done with the LOVE letters and the colours look amazing.

cbuswell said...

Amazing card, love the embellishments! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!