Jan 7, 2012

Chichi Shabby Chic all the way please....

Hello Everyone
I am posting today from a wet and miserable Auckland, in fact it has been like this ALL week!
Any visitor to this place would not be impressed with our summer to date, as it has been a total of about 4days!
I can bemoan about it, but it would not improve the situation, so I have to acquiesce and spend time indoors and my craft room......... oh, what a shame........

Three Challenges are screaming at me to enter this card, the first is:

Pollycraft Monday  Challenge #121 - Punch It (Sheena)
sponsored by:


Scrap Affair Blog






and the second which is a favourite of mine is
sponsored by:










And the Third is:
 Over at the Pond; Lily Pad Cards, where they have two colour palettes that you can choose from, I chose this one (an exact match is not required – just land in the same ballpark). a $20 gift certificate from Our Craft Lounge!







I returned to my favourite genre to lift the spirits, no challenging themes today, I am not in the right frame of mind.

I used the TH Tattered Florals Die for the flower and inked up with tumbled glass, and a touch of victorian velvet.
I used a punch for the Hearts and dry embossed through the Vagabond.






The Frame has been cut on the Cricut using the Fancy Frames Cartridge and inked up with some subtle stamping of script on the Bg (to create a little interest)..

The image within the frame of the Bird was a little piece of scrap on my work desk; it was perfect.





My Bg paper is Kaisercraft and I have randomly stamped using a PB music Bg at the (R) corner and at the bottom of the card in frayed burlap and machine stitched a border, as I thought this would be softer than my Hand stitching thread.
The TH Distressed Doily Die connects with the pattern of my frame.



To complete my 'Chic' look I coloured up some seam binding for my double bow and added the cream lace and pearls.

  I love the process of layering up with elements to formulate a picture in this way.
Mixed Media gives me an emotional charge and I am always pleased with myself afterwards, it does not have to be a stunning creation, it is the process of manipulating the fabric, paints, paper etc that is so absorbing and fulfilling to me.



 This is the inside:
The sentiment is from Crafty Secrets T set.










 I hope you have a good weekend and thanks for looking.
Smiles:)

17 comments:

Lisa M said...

Dearest Onion,
I am beyond giddy about this recent creation of yours.
What an incredible journey just reading your post and it gives me such pleasure to hear how much enjoyment it was creating this exquisite masterpiece.
The elements are perfect and the process truly made me smile. The bird scrap is absolutely the fitting image to round it all off.
Had to check this out before I called it a night.
May the rain continue to exude such eclectic and creative endeavors from you!
Hugs to you,
Q

Dawn said...

I am suitably impressed Sue. This is YOU at your best. LOVE it. The colours are so pretty. The touch of pink in the ribbon is an eye catching.

brenda said...

Morning Sue

Reading about your weather sounds so like our last Summer.....it never really happened, a few nice days at Easter, a few more in September and inbetween I prefer to forget. The entire world weather appears to be at odds with itself.

So lets move on to a much brighter note and your adorable creation which I know from your post was as enjoyable to make as it is to view.

Thanks you so much for sharing it with us at Penny Black and More this month.

And a rather belated Happy New Year, and perhaps an Indian Summer - do you call them that in NZ ?

B x

Jacqueline said...

Sorry about your weather Sue - here it is winter and our temps are quite soft...
You made a real beauty - your flowers are winners!

Rosemary said...

ah... sue... you return to your favorite genre with great triumph!! this is beautiful and full of some many wonderful details.. you should be very well pleased!! (sorry your summer has been so rotten! as i read your description of the weather i laughed because you could have been writing about summer here in washington!!)

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mary J said...

Oh Sue, don't tell me the weather is rubbish - I thought it would be better than the UK which I'm trying to escape from, lol!!

What a stunning make, you are so brilliant shabby chic!

Joey said...

Susan this is stunning, beautiful embellies and layout, thanks for joining us at pollycraft. Joey x

Sandy said...

Oh wow! This sure is pretty - I really love this style and want to give it a go. You have done a beautiful job with this. The lace is gorgeous as is the whole design. Now this is what I call art from the heart! I have your button on my blog - your work definitely need to be shared!I think I put too many explanation marks in here.
Happy New Year
Sandy

Sandy said...

p.s. - I love the way your write - no explanation mark.

Evelyn S. said...

Love that shabby chic-all-the-way, Sue. Great textures and colors, all "shabby" and cute. ;-) As for your summer....we're not having winter! Very scary because we need snow in the mountains for water next summer.

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Lovely creation!
Thank you for sharing with us at
Penny Black and more;-))m

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Sue, how gorgeous!!! I have a little surprise for you--I have a brand-new blogging seminar for NEW bloggers--AND I featured your blog in it! (If you've got a chance, come take a quick look--it's at the top of my blog. xo Cin

louise said...

Beautiful work love those flowers,thanks for joining us at Penny Black and more this month.
Hugs Louise xx

Kathy said...

OH my this is so lovely ...so much so..I must admit that I am happy you must be indoors to create. I hope the sun shines soon. Thanks for playing along with us at "Kathy's Lily Pad Palette " Color Challenge.

Nasir said...

This is a design of a very creative mind.


clear business cards

membership card

Sharon said...

your work is beautiful! good luck on the design team call @ OCC