Dec 28, 2011

Monochromatic Doily.

Hello to you all.
I do hope your Christmas festivities were enjoyable and you had many crafty presents, I had some I am pleased to say.
We had a lovely day, the weather was warm so we ate out on the Patio.
I cannot believe Christmas is over and 2012 beckons.

One of my presents that I received from my daughter was the TH 'On the Edge' distressed doily Die, and I was impatient to create a card with it.

I found some PP in my stash and some purple CS, so I cut twice and used the purple CS as a shadow effect to the PP.

Purple is a glorious colour, it is sensual and spiritual--------and has a certain sense of daring, the lavender is the softer side of this hue, it brings a delicacy and refinement to any creation, and the colour lavender suggests something unique.
 Using White as my accent gives a pristine contrast,  (warm and cool tones).














The PP had a flower design imprinted on the bottom, so I fussy cut them out and mounted them onto my Bg and also spotlighted one onto my Spellbinders  'Floral  Doily'.






I cut two circles with SB and inked them up with dusty concord and stormy sky  and mounted the flower outside the frame.






















The flourish was stamped with aged mahogany distress ink.
I also used dimensional tape to raise one of the little flowers.
And to finish it all off a lavender bow and sequins.


Challenges I am entering are:
Top Tip Challenge #66 - ANYTHING GOES

 SPONSORS:
Pink Gem Designs   
Fred She Said Designs'.
Ooh La La Creations

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge:    #166 - Anything Goes

Fussy and Fancy Friday:   Challenge 52 Monochromatic and Sparkle

 City Crafter Challenge Blog Week #89 - Make the Cut
The winner for this week's challenge will get a $10 gift certificate to shop at Pixie Dust Paperie .

Now all that is left for me to say is to wish you a
           
                            HAPPY  NEW YEAR

And to all my wonderful followers that make each day special a BIG  'Thank You'.
I hope 2012 is going to be as rewarding for me, in your continued friendship and also as inspiring.
Be well and HAPPY always.
Smiles:)


 

28 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Another beauty from you just adore this card and your colours are sensational as always. Wishing you a very happy new year.

Marie

Dawn said...

what a gorgeous card Sue. What a great die... you have really made it work for you on this one. So glad you have been able to play with your new toy.

Jacqueline said...

Unique and beautiful!
Wishing you a very happy and creative New Year Sue!

Ros said...

This is beautiful!! Love the serenity of the colours ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB ... Happy New Year to you too

Rosemary said...

oh waht a gorgeous card, sue!! everything about it is just fantastic! smiles!!

Rosemary said...

oh waht a gorgeous card, sue!! everything about it is just fantastic! smiles!!

Lisa M said...

Dear Onion,
First may I just say that you have a wonderful daughter for getting you TH products for Christmas. She sounds amazing!! :D
Secondly...
Purple! You know that's my favorite color, but lastly, WOW, WOW, WOW...this is completely stunning!
What a treat to see more of your handy work from the craft room as I thought I wouldn't be blessed with your creativity until after the New Year...but WOO HOO!!!
This is truly gorgeous Sue. :D
Big hugs to you,
Q

Lisa M said...

Oh crud, I forgot to mention this as well...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "Anything Goes" challenge. :)

Ooops...
Okay, all done now. :)
me

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is awesome, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, Sue, how gorgeous!! I adore the scallops and I love your creations!!! Wishing you a Happy New Year!!!
XO
Cindy

Barb said...

This is really beautiful, Sue! Love the purple shades! Happy New Year to you! :)

Evelyn S. said...

Sue...anything purple is wonderful in my book! Love the fussy cut flower and the way you worked it into the die cut. Just beautiful!

Nasir said...

All the details of this cards are very good.



plastic cards
plastic card

Leanne said...

WOW this is stunning!!


Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday

Hope to see you again next week!

Happy New Year!

Hugs
Leanne xx

Sheryl said...

Wow! What a lovely, unique and stunning card you have created with your new Christmas Doily die.
It's been a real pleasure to visit your lovely blog.
Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our Monochromatic and Sparkle challenge!
I'm wishing you a very Healthy and Happy New Year!
Warm Hugs, Sheryl

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sue,
Wishing you a super Happy New Year!!! I hope that 2012 is awesome for you!!
XO
Cindy

Caroljenks said...

This is absolutely adorable! I LOVE the colours (Purple is my fav colour too!), and fancy getting a TH die for Christmas - wow, and it's fab! You have created a wonderful card - Love it!

Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge. Don't forget if you have a Top Tip to share with us you could also win the Top Tippers Prize!

Carol x

Linda R. said...

This is gorgeous.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Mary J said...

Oh this is so totally beautiful Sue! Your attention to detail is amazing!

A very happy New Year to you honey!

Lisa M said...

Happy New Year Onion!!!!
Your email was wonderful. Thank you SO much. ;)
Big hugs,
~ Q ~

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Love your creation- aren't crafty Christmas presents the best?!? Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday. :)

Christine said...

Beautiful !!!

cnelson said...

So lovely! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue,
This card is gorgeous--love the the different shades of purple that you chose. Happy New Year and hope that 2012 is very good to you. Hugs to you.

Sandy said...

Wow! This is a piece of artwork. It so lovely!!
Sandy

Andie's Space said...

Hi Sue,
This looks lovely. Love the gorgeous colours & design. Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Sonia said...

Beautiful card love the colours thank you for taking part in this weeks 'Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge'
Hugs Sonia xx