Dec 2, 2011

Last Tag ' Funkie Style'

Hello Everyone.
Well I have made my last Tag for
Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style  
13 weeks ago Linda started this Challenge and it has been awe-inspiring to see every ones creations. This is Linda's  #12  Tag and also the last in the Challenge,  there will  be a random draw for a winner on Dec 16th. 

I had every intention of casing this Tag as it is so Shabby-Chic, but as is usual, my hands were autonomous to the brain again!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-02kdVJtXFL4/TtXXARLPtuI/AAAAAAAAIEI/5sAV0BzfjHY/s1600/lcoughlin.tag12.11.30.11.jpg The bird cage was my inspiration and the Colour Gold, which imbues so much richness and warmth to any piece of art was the starting point,

I wanted to recreate this effect in my Tag.
My birdcage was  stained with fired brick, then embossed with gold ep. A pearl and some bling sits at the top.
The Cherub has had his share of Gold applied too, I added some distress powder for his hair and wings, he looked a little flat until I gave him some. (does the Cherub have hair?)
My diecuts were cut on the cricut using the' fancy frames' cartridge.


I have stained them all in various ways; fired brick, faded jeans and antique linen, and the bg behind the birdcage is a G45 cast off of some children.

The Holly leaves have been fussy-cut and red bling for the berries, and of course my handmade flower made from red CS.
My sentiment was also lying on my desk, I titivated around the edges so it would blend in.


And lastly a TH chain tassel to complete the composition of the piece.
There is a sprinkling of glitter on the top frame but I was not able to pick it up in the photo.




I wanted this LAST Tag of mine to be an acknowledgement of how far I have come in my craft.
  My approach to making Cards/Tags today is far different to 12 months ago, and it is all due to the generous and talented people who share their ideas here in this forum that I have to thank.
So Thank you all.
Linda is only one of these special people,  if I could inspire just one person through what I am doing today I will be very happy, because to create for me is to achieve fulfilment of my hopes and dreams.
There is a bonus to this blogging that I was not aware of when I started and that is the wonderful  virtual friends I have made.
I hope you like this Tag.


I tried to upload all 12 tags that I have made all together, but I am unable to do it!!

Have a great day.
Smiles:)


15 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful! I especially love the red flower with green leaves at the bottom.

Lisa said...

Wow- this is a little masterpiece! There is so much to look at I don't even know where to start! Love the gold and all the layers, the cherub, and especially the gorgeous flower and tassel at the bottom- STUNNING Sue!! I'd say this is something really special :)

Barb said...

I am very thankful for your friendship too, Sue! It's amazing, isn't it? How many special people we meet through this wonderful hobby of ours!? I adore your amazing tag, my friend! You have such talent! It is absolutely beautiful! Hugs! :)

Rosemary said...

oh sue... i think you have completely outdone yourself on this tag! what is the saying: saving the best for last!! everything about this tag is absolutely perfect!!

i have so enjoyed watching your style change a little bit here and there and learning things from you!! here's to a new year of crafting and learning from each other!

Lisa M said...

OMG Sue!
Mark this day on the calendar. Title it, "The day Lisa went speechless." We'll celebrate annually with a toast.
I can't bring myself to say that this is my favorite. Not that it isn't the most outstanding piece of artwork, but it's just another fabulous example of how eclectic you are.
Each and every project you have posted shows in such detail another venue of your personality.
You're like a friggin' onion, chica. Layer upon layer of versatility and creativity...all of which create a truly outstanding artist and person as a whole.
I've been given an early Christmas present...the gift of getting to know you.
Truly inspirational tag and I love how you've posed this one.
hugs to you my friend,
Lisa xx
Now I'm truly intimidated to make mine..LOL. Naw, just feeling a wee bit o' pressure. :D

Evelyn S. said...

Oh Sue! This tag is fabulous with all of its layers and embellishments. It's so rich! Cricut has a "frames" cartridge? I'll have to look for it....I haven't used my Cricut for quite awhile, and I have to store it in a messy corner because I have nowhere else to put it. This truly looks like a professional/commercial expensive tag.

Mary J said...

Oh wow, this is so stunning, Sue! I love how you create such original items!

Christine B said...

This tag is Fabulous Sue, I have enjoyed seeing all your gorgeous tags. Well done on completing al of them!

Kate said...

What a magnificent tag! I love your use of gold! The composition is perfect!!!
Kate

Cheryl said...

oh my gosh hun these are just amazing tags,the detail,embellishments just everything just stunning hugs cherylxxx

Dawn said...

Sue... everyone has already said it all.... this one is the cream on the cake....it is just amazing. I am so glad that you have made so many virtual friends and have had so much fun over the past year. I have learnt so much off you over the few years I have been meeting with you at Stamp Group and visiting your house. I love your eye for detail and your colour sense.... Helps me heaps!!!!

Jen said...

WOW! Tag 12 is amazing!! I too finished Linda's 12 tags this weekend. Such great detail went into your tag.
hugs,
Jen

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh gosh, this is completely heavenly!!!
XO
Cindy

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my, I'm speechless Sue! Apologies for the delay in coming round to check out your entry into the last challenge. And wow, what a treat I found waiting for me here. You have truly outdone yourself on this piece! So many gorgeous elements and fabulous layers. I love everything and can't even say what I like best, but maybe the way you did the birdcage with the fired brick first and the gold overlaid (totally inspired!) or maybe it is the frames. They are wonderful and add so much to the piece. I also like the colors - the blue background against the red layer - so pleasing to my eye. This is a very vintage looking piece and just absolutely stunning!

Thanks so much for leading the charge with my 12 tags challenge. I enjoyed having you aboard so much and really appreciate your enthusiastic support!

Hugs,
Linda

Debbie said...

I think this tag makes a suburb tree ornament. If you should come by and see my tags (not just the current post which had to be tailored to the taste of college students, but the ones before) know that I have grown from your posts, though I am a very, very pale reflection of what you have accomplished on any of your tags ;- ) Thank you for your inspiration!