Dec 21, 2011

I was inspired...

Hello Everyone
I was inspired by Jill Foster (PB&J) on Monday with her latest video here.
I loved the colours she used, and I immediately had this idea that popped into my head, which happens when I am relaxed, as I was yesterday. 
I know I said I was not doing any more creating until after Christmas, well I lied........but it was only a little lie nothing too awful.
I just had to sit at my craft table and satisfy my stimulated senses after watching her video, and when you think about it, this is the main reason Jill produces these video instalments, so that people like me can make an excuse to make something beautiful.

The first Noel....meaning the first birthday and is an alternate word for Christmas.


The word was typed and cut on my Cricut.
And like Jill I used distress stains; 
fired brick, wild honey, peeled paint, broken china and finally dusty concord.




I distressed the background exactly the same, then I dry embossed using two different folders.

My sentiment  was coloured using the distress inks.
Numbers were cut on patterned paper then glossy accents applied.
I had to embellish a little, even though I know it probably would have held up with out any.






 I am entering this Tag into:

I do think that is me for now but don't be surprised if it is not!

Smiles:)

12 comments:

Lisa M said...

You have turned me on to something I've never seen or heard of before. I am so excited to visit this site. Thank you for your little white lie and making this gorgeous creation so that we can all be inspired!
I love your rainbow of beauty tag. :)

YAH! I knew you couldn't stay away. LOL
hugs,
Q

Mary J said...

Wow, a bright, gorgeous tag, Sue! That inking withthe embossing is gorgeous!!

Now stop crafting and enjoy xmas!! (Although I secretly hope you create us something else to coo over!!)

Dawn said...

It is gorgeous Sue. Such a pretty colourful tag. Love the texture.

Barb said...

Another wow from me, Sue! The colors are so fabulous! Gorgeous work!

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy! :)

Bluebell Woods said...

awesome and inspiring. I just love it. (I want to use your button to link on my blog but dont know how without the code.) I would love to try that technique it would make wonderful cards.
Janice

Evelyn S. said...

You've inspired me, Sue!!! I LOVE the fabulous colors...and the textures. Very nice!

walchowDesign said...

Fabulous card with all the bright colours, Sue! It gives such a different look when you embossed with all this beautiful colours.

Rosemary said...

a beautiful tag, sue... glad that inspiration found you and you grabbed it by the tail!!!

Vee said...

Wow!!! this is so gorgeous. Love the colours. Thanks so much for joining Charisma this week.
Merry Christmas!!
xx Vee

Evelyn S. said...

Sue....which Cricut cartridge is that? The only ones I have with alphabets cut only single letters; is this a Christmas one? I've already got the fabulous frames one on a "must-buy" list after seeing what you do with it!

Debbie said...

I just love all of the texture you get into your tags, Sue. Double embossing, who'd of thought ;- ) Super job!

Sandy said...

Okay - you are a real life artist aren't you!!!! I got your number now! This is so wonderful I do love it!!
Sandy