Nov 8, 2011

Swinging around.

Hello Everyone.
I learnt something today after reading Rosie's  post; that there are Super Women in the card making world.  Her words, and I quote 'I didn't think it would take me all afternoon' !   perplexed me.
 An illusion presented itself in my mind in an abnormal manner, I became prostrate on the floor with vexation  when I read these words. I forgot to add that she was making dinner as well!!

The discomfiture was only temporary however, as I soon realised that Rosie is a Diva that I could never match, so once that was sorted I proceeded in my measured way, and now I am posting up my card that took me three days to make!!!!!!!!!! (No comments please, unless they are constructive, my ego can't take another hit today.)


I stamped twice once on white CS and once on PP. I fussy cut the body and coloured with distress inks, I free hand cut the holly leaves.

I used the cricut for the die cuts using Graphic45 (Christmas Emporium Collection).
I added the coloured wool thread to give the impression of a swing and holding on for dear life!
No sewing on the card, but to my mind it needs it, I scored and distressed the edges instead. This card is a 6x4 and not bulky one of three of an order, they are being posted to the UK.






This is the sketch I followed, sponsored once again by Craft Spot by Kimberly.
Card Patterns: Sketch #40
I hope I have not veered too far away from the design, I have all the elements, oh well it was a great sketch to work.




 And the other Challenge is one of my favourites:
Allsorts Challenge Blog  this weeks hostess is Jill Hansen.

Week 128 - Anything but Square.



Grab our logoSponsored by:


And I leave you once again, I hope you enjoy my post as much as I have enjoyed writing it for you.
Smiles:)

I am so thankful you have visited me today.

16 comments:

Lisa M said...

Super women who craft AND cook? At the same time, nevertheless. I say it's a figment of someone's imagination. Quite like the Abominable Snowman or the Loch ness monster. Such a thing can't possibly exist.
Cheers to you for a wonderful card...regardless of the fact that the family MAY have starved, it's all relative in the end.
I absolutely love the idea behind the wool thread for the poor pusser face!
Hugs Sue,
Lisa xx
I have finished the #9 carton and my evaluation of it is ...."ehh." I think it's because I took time out to provide nourishment for my children. Therein lies the conflict. It seems the very act causes a ripple in the creative process. :)

Rosemary said...

oh sue! i'm most definitely NOT a superwoman!! but i'm so very flattered that you think i am!! your comment on my blog had me laughing and my oldest asking me "what's so funny?"! all that aside... your card is outstanding (no matter how long it took you to make it). i love the cute little cat hanging from the ornament and the way you hung the entire piece to make it look like he is swinging... brilliant!!

Barb said...

Oh, Sue you make me laugh! :) Such a darling card! Love the way you used the thread to make it look like the cute cat is hanging on for dear life! Wonderful coloring and design! Love it!

Scrapowe Sosasowisko said...

This card is adorable! I love Your coloring! Greetings :)

brenda said...

Cooking dinner ? An alien concept to me when I am in craft mode, much to the annoyance of the family, what else are M&S for (apart from undies) ?

No matter how long your card took Sure, it's gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Dawn said...

this post is soooo you! I think you are a Super Woman! You are inspiring.... Your cards are stunning and even though they might take days... they are always so beautiful and so thoughtfully put together. You have such skill with putting elements together. This card is adorable.

Evelyn S. said...

That is a lot of work, Sue! I become so impatient when I'm fussy-cutting anything, so the result is usually not so wonderful. This is a darling card...I love how you made the sketch your own, too!

Mary J said...

Fantastic Sue! I just lvoe love love the distressing!

walchowDesign said...

What can I say about superwoman! I guess if we were given a choice to choose between cooking and making cards, we would choose the later!

Such a cute card!

Lisa said...

You managed to bring cute into your shabby chic style- LOVE it :)

Cindy Adkins said...

This is totally adorable!!! and who cooks? lol I love what you created!!

I made a tag once that took 11 hours...no joke...what was I thinking? lol
XO
Cindy

Debbie said...

Love the card, Sue. It has such a great vintage feel about it. Great design too. Every card takes me more that a day to do. I'm a very deliberate crafter. It's seems some zip together a lovely card and I'm still, "Hmm, this paper looks great here, lets cut to maybe.... this size, ok, let's measure that again to be sure." And dinner, prefer to eat out, ha ha! Thanks for always sharing your thought process, though. I like hearing how you thought things out. have a wonderful rest of the week!

Jill said...

Fantastic card sweetie! Lovely colours, a fabulous image and great design!
Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week for my anything but a square challenge. Good luck in the draw and I hope to see you again!
Hugs, Jill

susanne said...

This is darling!! It's worth every minute!
I often try to do two or three things at one time however end up walking into walls and breaking my toes :(

Nicola said...

Stunning card Sue, love the distressing and that super cute kittie hanging on in there! Beautiful cards can't be rushed, that's my excuse anyway, and we can all multi task but who would want to! Lol
Thanks for entering our 'Anything but Square' challenge this week over at Allsorts and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Elise said...

Now THIS is positively fun! WHAT a sweet little image and fantastic use of the Card Patterns sketch! I"m SO grateful that you shared your darling talent with us!