Nov 28, 2011

Red + White + Emboss

Hello Everyone
I posted off my Christmas Cards today, and next weekend will be the trimming of the Tree, I am beginning to feel Festive and looking forward to celebrating the Day.

Penny Black Saturday Challenge...Week 179 

Christmas + Red + Embossing.

Red is my favourite colour to wear and it also makes for a striking card. 

It is the Christmas Colour even though there are various hues.

Did you know that red is the highest arc in the rainbow, and it is one of the oldest colour names, it is a sensational colour, and has the greatest emotional impact of all the Palettes.

I chose the  PB flower from the "to you"set. (30-067).  The Flower was going to be my main focal point of the card so I made this first. On White CS I randomly daubed Barn door distress stain, then I embossed the image x3 using White Diamond EP.      

Then I fussy cut ALL layers.

 Layer 1- cut just around the flower.

Layer 2 -  cut each individual petals and attached with dimensional dots.

Layer 3- cut the inner petals and scrunched them up.

Layer 4- cut around the centre. 

The leaf is a fern stamp that I clear embossed and applied  frayed burlap distress powder and Distress crackle paint -old paper.


The fancy frame has been cut on the Cricut. I added some brilliant gemstones to the bottom trim, and the sentiment I found amongst cast-offs on my desk,

 

And as I stated at the beginning of the post, the colour is striking and dramatic, and it increases your heart rate because it is so stimulating.

 

 This is why it is the colour of love!

Don't you agree? 

 

I am also entering this card into 'a bit of Bling' #43.

'Less is More': Challenge:  because Rosie said I should, and although I am not a diva in this Genre, she is, and I must take her advice! and while I am here I must add that we both received honourable mentions at the  The Shabby Tea Room for our cards, if you want to see them look for the numbers 23 (me) and 33 (Rosie). You will notice immediately why I am so Shabby and Rosie is so CAS!

This card has great  Clean Lines, but as you all know I abhor the word Simple in CAS and prefer Stunning, so here is my Clean and Stunning. 

Thanks Rosie, I do think it is a little fussy for a true representation of CAS but we will see........


Hope you are having a great day, thanks for looking.

Smiles:) 

23 comments:

Dawn said...

stunning Sue.. I really can't believe that flower started life as a stamp... incredible.

Beth said...

This is so beautiful, I love the technique you've used to make the flower! Thanks for joining us on the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!

Love Beth xx

Rosemary said...

wow... what a gorgeous clean and stunning card, sue!! love the beautiful flower you created. this card would be perfect for this week's "less is more" challenge... to use bling.

Jacqueline said...

What a stunning card Sue, just love that hand crafted flower - wow!
You have just given me a sign that it is time to get the Christmas cards in the mail!!

Barb said...

I love the way you're able to take an ordinary flower stamp, and create an extraordinary card! This is gorgeous, Sue! :)

Lee said...

Oh WOW,this is really Stunning.

kath said...

stunning card sue...love how you used the flower image....thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Chrissie said...

This looks simply fabulous Sue... a truly spectacular card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lisa M said...

You know I'm going to say that I love this flower, but what's even funnier, I'm amazed by the technique on the leaf. Clear embossing, burlap powder, crackle...now that's detail and far from simple!
The red is most certainly breathtaking but even alone on a white CS, I think it could carry itself quite nicely.
I still have not attempted making flowers to your degree (or at all) as I'm a bit intimidated by the process, but each and every time I see yours, I get closer and closer to trying.
Thank you for the wonderful comment you left and the "no pressure" gave me quite a guffaw!
Hugs to you my friend,
Lisa xx

Mandi said...

Tremendoue flower, fabulous card, so striking
Thank you so much
mandi LIM

Kathyk said...

WOW - really striking card and loving the flower

Kathyk

Julie said...

Lovely design and what a fabulous flower! Bling is great but the card would be stunning without it as well!

Cheryl said...

oh just love this hun that flower is simply stunning hugs cherylxxx

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Sue, this card is exquisite!!! And I didn't know that about red at all! How awesome is that? Gorgeous, my friend!

If you get a chance, check your email.
XO
Cin

Stamps and Paper said...

Stunning card Sue and your flower is adorable...I am impressed that all your christmas cards are all made I am almost there!

Anne

Dolly Daydreams said...

Stunning work ! Your flower is amazing I love it and the beautiful background that you have created for it s just superb

Marie

Jack said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Karen said...

fabulous card, very clever flower Karen x

jude said...

Sue this is beautiful !thanks for the kind messages re my tags for Funkie junkie 12 tags christmas .
So loved joining in and yes Linda is going to do it next year.!just finished in time as yesterday started the tim holtz 12 tags christmas daily this one.Iuploaded yesterdays love to know what you think as your work is stunning!
hugs judex

debby4000 said...

Oh that flower is stunning whaqt a fabulous card.
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Bea und Doreen said...

Gorgeous card. Love it.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty cardmakers this week.
Hugs,
Doreen xx

Jen said...

What a pretty card!! Love the flower.
Jen

Debbie said...

What a fabulous flower. Great job, Sue!