Nov 11, 2011

It's Shabby not Funkie for #10 Tag


It is the last day of the week, and I am looking forward to the weekend as it is Stamp Group tomorrow. I spend most of the time there talking and fluffing around than being productive, but it does not matter because I enjoy the day/evening, catching up with some friends who love to make cards.
So onto Funkie Junkie #10 Challenge and Linda made a really beautiful one this week, I got so excited when I saw it, I had to make myself a cuppa to calm my exuberance.
I had a plethora of ideas flooding my brain that I was feeling quite light-headed for awhile.


I will start with the BG as it is a collage of different scraps of paper....
that you can't see!!!!!!
But trust me I glued them all down and then applied Gesso to merge and soften the edges.
I embossed a snowflake design and painted over with iridescent medium, I stamped a holly design down the bottom of the Tag,  it is the little black bits, and also stuck some mesh  (which again you can't see!) doing well so far am I not!!! Ha.



What you can see is my stitching,  bling flourish,  my seam binding /CS Flower, which is meant to be a Christmas Rose, and a little lace at the very bottom.
The sentiment is Graphic 45 paper.

 There is a new tag each Wednesday until we complete all 12 tags.  You are challenged to find at least one thing on her tag that will inspire you. Well I picked up lots, the mesh, embossing, music paper, seam binding etc etc.


This is Linda's Tag#10







Had a great time making this one, thanks heaps Linda.

                                                 Have a great weekend everyone,
                                                                Smiles:)
                                                                  Sue







 

I am so thankful you have visited me today.

19 comments:

susanne said...

Love this! So beautiful! Love the combination of vintage and bling! Sending warm wishes to you Sue, hope all is well :)

Rosemary said...

i wish i had your way with words, sue... my comments always seem so paltry in comparison to yours! so i will just simply say that your tag is yet another creative masterpiece!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

You rocked it again this week! Thanks for always being the first to jump in. Your tag is absolutely fabulous! Love the way you collaged the background and then went over it with gesso. Sensational embossing and awesome flower too!

So happy to have you keeping the fun going at the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie style.

Hugs,
Linda

Dawn said...

my goodness Sue... you have outdone yourself this week. I can't get over how beautiful it is... all those elements, textures and bits. Looking forward to seeing it for real tomorrow please!!!!

Barb said...

Holy moly, Sue - I hope you know what an amazing artist you are! This is just fabulous! So many beautiful (unseen) details! Love it! :)

Jacqueline said...

Well, it's a pity we can't see the background papers, thats for sure, but you gave us a treat with that seam-binding Christmas rose - it's gorgeous!!

Mary J said...

Wow, how utterly stunning Sue! Beautiful detail!

Cindy Adkins said...

WOW, Sue, this is just SOOO gorgeous--I love your work--it just gets more astounding!
XO
Cindy

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is just stunning the detail on this is just amazing,hugs cherylxx

Lisa M said...

Sue!!!
This gave me such a thrill. Completely scrumptious this tag is! LOVE the scroll and sentiment and amazing details on EVERY layer. Your exuberance over this project is beaming in your post and I can just sense a huge smile from you.
Wonderful, wonderful, yummy inspiration for this challenge!
Kudos to you my friend. :)
Lisa xx

Scrapowe Sosasowisko said...

Adorable tag. And I love this christmas rose!

Evelyn S. said...

You have combined the elements so beautifully, Sue! I always love your flowers, too.

Jen said...

This tag is fabulous! I like how you made the background with scraps and gesso! The scroll and flower are wonderful!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Jen :)

Renkata said...

Very romantic and vintage tag.

Debbie said...

Very lovely tag, Sue. It's cheery and elegant and vintage all at once (must be all the hidden layers ;- ) Have a blessed week.

walchowDesign said...

This is so beautiful with a touch of shabby and vintage, Sue!

Kate said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sue,
Thank you so much for coming to visit...I just wanted to pop over and say "hi" and send a (((hug))) your way,
Cindy

Cindy said...

I love your tags! I'm going to sit down one of these days and try my hand at making one! Just lovely, Sue!
Hugs, Cindy