Nov 21, 2011

Green, the Colour of Balance.


Hello Everyone
Green is a safe colour, if you don't know what colour to use anywhere use Green.
The meaning of Green
  • a new state of balance
  • feel a need for change or growth 
  • protection from fears and anxieties especially when connected with the demands of others. 
The symbolism of the Fir tree - Clarity, Achievement, Energy.

 Green and Trees

 



I responded eagerly and excitedly as it is a great colour to work with for all the above reasons.
The Fir Tree image is one that I am drawn to since purchasing the PB 'winter wonders' clear set. You will notice the versatility of the image by the way I have used them on  previous projects.



BG is Hero Arts  'Artistic Circles
OverlaidwithPennyBlack'Music Background'
Die cut trim border (cricut)
'JOY' sentiment Penny Black from the same set.
The two toned effect of the tree was achieved by stamping two images; one on white CS and the other on coloured CS. I then fussy cut around the images to  conjoin  the opposites.

Stickles and bits for the trim on tree to add some sparkle.
The little gems are from Crimson Cloud, (part of my prize) they were little devils to work with, but obviously the green palette was doing it's 'job' as I propitiously adhere them, and not one imprecated word was heard at any time during this process!!!!!

Inks used were all Distress -
peeled paint.
shabby shutters.
forest green.
worn lipstick (accent)














I am now balanced, I have achieved  and with some luck I would have grown creatively!
Three cheers for glorious, gratifying, gorgeous Green.

If you are low, make a GREEN CARD!
Have a great week
Smiles:)

30 comments:

Lisa said...

wow, Sue- this is beautiful ! Love every detail about this one- especially the green pallette!

Barb said...

So gorgeous, Sue! That background is amazing and love your beautiful tree!

Lisa M said...

OMG...please tell me this is my Christmas card!!! :D
I am sooooooo inspired by this Sue.
Beautiful work of art. I can only imagine you are very proud of this little gem.
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Cindy Adkins said...

Maybe I should paint my house green!! I need all the balance I can get! lol

Your creations are so super gorgeous!!!
XO
Cin

Mel G said...

Gorgeous card Sue! Thanks for sharing your amazing creative process!

Rosemary said...

this is absolutely stunning, sue!! it is always so much fun to come to your blog because not only i get the treat of seeing your lovely projects, i also learn something!!! smiles & hugs!

Createology said...

Green is the color of my birthstone...Peridot. So I am always a fan of green and your creations are lovely. Blissful inspirations...

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness.... Sue, you have outdone yourself here...it is STUNNINGLY beautiful and yes... very restful looking. Puts my poor effort to shame...

Arlene said...

Beautiful - what a wonderful collage!

kath said...

stunning card sue...love the dimension....beautiful collage work...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

Asian Girl said...

so beautiful :X

xoxoxo
Asian Girl
Very Cute Asian Girl - girlcute4u.blogspot.com
----------------
Free Desktop Wallpaper - 9-wallpapers.blogspot.com

Pauline said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I love your pearly tree.

walchowDesign said...

It's so fun to read all the explanations of colours from you, Sue! You are so great when it comes with colours! Love all the greens on this card and those bg is fantastic! Love the elegant tree too!

Lee said...

STUNNING.

Shelly Hickox said...

This is so pretty!!! Love how you've embellished the tree.

Debby said...

Green's my favourite colour and your profect is glorious! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Aimes said...

Oh I'm with you about the green (it is my favourite colour, after all!) Now that's one seriously decorated tree on this card! So much sparkle and shine :)
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Mynnette said...

What an awesome tree!!!!!!! So neat--beautiful job! Your card is amazing!! :)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sue,

Green is a favourite colour of mine.
I love your sweet Christmas tree card, and love the embellishments.
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Teresa Kline said...

aaacckkkk, green is my favorite color....your card is amazing...luv the ribbon and sweet tee...hope you have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Evelyn S. said...

I love the dimension in the details on this tag, Sue! It's a beautiful creation...and the explanation of the color green is so interesting!

cbuswell said...

Fabulous shade of green, LOVE your tree!! Adorable decorations! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! : )

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Very artsy, and truly enchanting creation! Love all these greens!! Thank you for playing along with us at CASE Study!! Chupa xxx

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sue! Thanks so much for your sweet message~I hope you have a wonderful week--And I'll be counting you among my blessings~
XO
Cindy

Debbie said...

I so love the tree with pearls. What a great idea. Also love the shimmer. Thanks for sharing ;- )

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is just brilliant hun,just love the tree with pearls amazing detail hugs cherylxxxxx

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us this week at Penny Black Saturday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Pauline C said...

Totally stunning Sue - very original. Love everything about it. Thanks for joining in this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge
Pauline x

Ina said...

You have an amazing talent. Love your work.

Jen said...

So beautiful! Love the greens and that tree!

hugs,
Jen