Oct 28, 2011

Tag #8

Hello Everyone,
This is #8 Tag that I am posting up for the Funkie Junkie style 12 Tags of Christmas challenge.


I did make a flower!

But I was not able to use it anywhere on this Tag, my method of creating is very precarious 
to say the least.
I never know what the finished Card/Tag is going to look like, there are no preconceived images in my mind. I sit down and I create, this is what I love, I may have a colour/image/sketch/paper that I pick up and I just go where it takes me. 
It works most of the time...
My problem is I don't always know when to quit!
So to be inspired and then follow through can only be good for me.
I am enjoying this Challenge.

I used a diecut frame as Linda had a gorgeous embellishment on hers at the bottom.
I wanted a vintage look, so I inked up the frame with walnut stain and added some Gold.
My FC image is Inkadinkado. I stamped image twice, and fussy cut the hat, bobble and trim to create dimension.
Die Cut a circle and and some ovals, and layered it up.
Finished off with some Bling.

This is the result.....
It is the weekend already, so I hope you all have a good one and keep safe.
Smiles:)

I am so thankful you have visited me today.

16 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Another fabulous tag, Sue. The colors are wonderful and what a great vintage feel to it. Terrific layers and dimension too. And your handmade flower is just over-the-top amazing. I really love the color, the brown edges and the glitter. It might not have been used this time, but one of these times it's going to be the PERFECT embellishment!

Thanks for leading the charge on this week's tag submissions!

Hugs,
Linda

Barb said...

That flower is amazing, Sue! I know it will look just perfect on a card or tag soon. Your tag is fabulous too! Beautiful colors and love all the layers! Gorgeous work as always! :)

Arlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous - love the bling and vintage look.

Rosemary said...

first... that flower is simply gorgeous! i'm sure you will find a home for it soon. secondly... your tag is FAB.U.LOUS!!! i think this is my most favorite one so far! i love that it seems so simple on first glance, but then upon a second look all the wonderful little details you have included just demand your attention. it is perfect... sigh! (goodness... i didn't mean to get so long-winded!)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Sue, the flower is stunning and your tag is awesome. Love the Santa clause--this is an art of beauty.

Joan said...

2nd attemp at commenting,blogger wouldn't take my first go !

I love this tag,love the fact that it is a different shape and that there are so many elements to it,your fussy cut Santa is lovely.
Also that flower is just scrumptious !

walchowDesign said...

Fabulous tag, Sue! Wow! there are so many layers on this tag and love the Santa!

Cindy Adkins said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sue!! Your work is amazing!!!
XO
Cindy

Evelyn S. said...

What a delightful tag, Sue! Love the oval shape...all the "scrolls" and the bling!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sue,
I just did a feature on you on my main blog--Whimsical Musings~I can't wait for you to see it!!!
XO
Cindy

Barbara said...

Hi Sue! Cindy Adkins did a great feature on you. I know you're gonna love it. You have a wonderful blog yourself and are quite talented.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sue,

Have just come across after visiting Cindy and was great to discover your blog.
Your work is beautiful and really love the paper flower and all your Christmas cards and tags.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Fliss said...

Hi Sue, just popped over to say hello after seeing your gorgeous artwork on Cindy's Whimsical Musings.
You must be so proud.
Fliss x

Lisa M said...

What the tag-o-liciousness! How can so much stuff fit on such a small scale and look so freakin' amazing?? Oh that's right, you made it and it always looks like a masterpiece.
You picked wonderful aspects from Linda's tag to accentuate on and wow...did you accomplish this challenge!
Are you intending to use these as ornaments on your tree? Would love a picture of that!!!
Hugs n' smiles,
Lisa xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

What beautiful work, I just love love love it and ooh the flower is outstanding.

Marie

Debbie said...

Oh, I really love this tag, Sue. So beautiful and has a nice vintage feel without being very grungy. Has elegance too! Wonderful ;- )