Sep 12, 2011

An inspiration challenge.

Hello everyone.
First the update on the Rugby
The All Blacks won their first game, but unfortunately Wales lost theirs by one point. The USA lost as well!


Today I want to tell you about What Linda is doing over at The Funkie Junkie.
Each week, she will post a tag ( for 12 weeks) and you will use it to inspire yourself to make something.  You can enter any sort of craft.  It can be a tag, a card, a home decor project, a scrapbook layout - your choice.  It sounded great to me so I have decided to participate, if you are interested join in I think it will be very inspiring.
When I saw Linda's Tag which is absolutely stunning.(see below), I loved how she made the 25 a focal point, so I made my number first, always having the 25 as the centre piece, and this is what I finished up with.


 This is my entry for

Week One: at the Funkie Junkie 





      This is Linda's inspiration Tag

Linda has chosen the earth palette which radiates a warmth, whereas I have gone for the  traditional colours; just like a bag of confetti which has been thrown into the air and landed randomly, but also  punctuated with deeper accents for contrast.

I am also entering my card into Make It Monday.


Thanks for looking.
Smiles:)

19 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Sue! Love your amazing background! The details are just wonderful! Good luck in the challenges. . .looks like a winner to me! Hugs! :)

Dawn said...

it turned out stunning Sue. Just love the colours on your 25. Having seen them for real, they are totally amazing and deserving of such focus.

Mary J said...

I love it, Sue! So beautiful the way you've used the numbers and the layering is just gorgeous!

Wendy said...

Saw this on Make it Monday,its fabulous.
Wendy xx

Lisa M said...

Well, if you threw a bag of confetti on this card, it has obviously landed in all the right places! I really love the challenge concept and the inspiration piece is amazing. Fantastic tag, Sue. Way to go on your first numbers as well! :D

Thank you for joining us at "Make It Monday!" :)
Lisa xx

P.S. I've seen all your comments so far on MIM and you are just soooooo thoughtful. :D
Hope you're doing well too and thanks again for the Rugby updates. Wish they were a better report, but there's still time..LOL.

Rosemary said...

i just love seeing where inspiration takes you sue and hearing your thought process! your tag is lovely!

Fayerose said...

Great card, I love the way you have used the 25 as the focal point, I saw it on Make it Monday. Wonderful idea!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

These are elegant. I must must try! I love the whole composition. I so glad I saw this on Make It Monday.

Faye's Paper Passion said...

Fantastic card Sue.. Dropped in from Make-it-Monday to look..Fayerose

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh Sue, this is just gorgeous. I love the pretty blend of reds and golds and that little touch of yellow gives it such a kick. Very cool to pick up on the 25 - so glad that was an inspiration to you. I love the look of your numbers too. Thank you so much for taking the plunge and being my VERY FIRST participant in my little bit of holiday fun. And thanks too for that very nice blurb about my challenge. Can't wait to see what you come up with for next week!

Hugs,
Linda

Debbie said...

It turned out beautifully, Sue. It's so elegant and the compositions is wonderful. Great job!

Crafterkhush said...

Came by your blog through MIM and am stunned speechless.. This is absolutely gorgeous.. What a fantastic idea... Thanks for sharing with us...!!

Mrs.B said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comments.
I love your tag card, gorgeous colours and background. Love all the layers.
Avril

Lori said...

Love your tag - it's gorgeous!

Joan said...

Came here from MIM and I'm so glad I did, your tag is fabulous

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue, this is stunning--love all the detail on the background. Good luck on the challenge. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Hugs

busybusyhoneybee said...

I saw this on Make It Monday and HAD to take a closer look! How inspirational!
Karen C

Nana Donna said...

What a beautiful tag. I love the colors. Saw it on MIM
http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

Deedee Anderson said...

Gorgeous tag! Saw it on MIM and it really caught my eye! :-) I love your sparkly 25, and that sweet bow and how it trails down.