Aug 18, 2011

In my comfort Zone...

Hello Everyone.
First thank you all for such wonderful comments on my last two posts.
I really appreciate every-one of them.

No tortuous post today you will be pleased to know, quite calm and collected now, I have to admit that last card drained me mentally, so I have returned to what I love and that is Shabby with a bit of chic!
I am entering this card  into 4 Challenges....
I was trying to keep up with Rosie and her five this week but I could not manage it!!!

I made my flower made from crinoline and the little buds from coffee liners, to keep within my colour scheme of refreshing /healing green I dyed the silk ribbon.




The first BG layer is a music paper that I smudged over in White paint to soften down the brown. The Butterflies were coloured with shabby shutters and peeled paint as was the BG.

I used white pen for their markings.

I am aware that some people hate green, especially the yellow-greens, I personally like this Verdant Moss hue, to me  it has a happy, cooling, calming effect, just perfect for a get well card.

On a side note I went for my follow-up Xray today, I will know next week if I can take the moon boot off.  I am feeling great in myself, almost back to normal ..........I mean well-balanced it is a much better description, the other has too many definitions for my liking!!!!!

These are the Challenges I have entered:

Fab'n'Funky Challenge #86 - "A stitch in time" 

                                                      Sponsored by: 

 

Papertake weekly-a game of 'bingo' sponsored by:

ribbon girl logo 

 

 

 

 Creative Card Crew-   "Hand Made Flowers".

  Sponsored by:

 

 

 

 

 

Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge 43 -Use A Lot.

Sponsored by:

Digi's With Attitude! 

 

 

 

Have a great day 

Smiles:)

14 comments:

Jacqueline said...

What a gorgeous card Sue - green is such an appealing color! I have been saving some old bras to try and make some flowers like you do.. some day!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card Sue. I like the colour very much. It is soothing. Love the flower too. You are really clever. This is really YOU!

sarina said...

What a lovely card, Sue.
I LOVE the flower.
And the colour.
grts,
Sarina

Mary J said...

You do shabby chic so well Sue! I love green - this shade is perfect with this style!

Beautiful flower and those butterflies are wonderful!

Lisa M said...

That green is sublime! Sue, your Shabby chic skills are amazing. I do have a question for you though. I have something coming up and I need to focus on Shabby Chic. I've researched the definition, but I'd like to ask an expert on the subject. What is your definition of it and what elements do you think are necessary to meet that definition? I'm baffled by the many options and need steering onto the "proper" path as this concept is out of my comfort zone.
Thank you...
Lisa
P.S. The cards from your cyber buddies are amazing!!! So much love for a special lady. That was wonderful to see.
Ciao for now...

Jan said...

Wonderful flower love the card. Thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

Barb said...

Stunning card, Sue! So wonderful to see you back in your comfort zone, where you belong! I personally love the green! Every inch of this card is wonderful! So clever to use coffee liners for the flower buds! Glad to hear your feeling more like yourself these days. . .keeping my fingers crossed for good news, so that boot can come off. Hugs to you! :)

Rosemary said...

oh sue!!! your card is simply stunning (and so very YOU!)!! the green and white combo is so very fresh and refreshing... (green is my favorite color and i really should use it more!) you made me laugh with your comment about trying to keep up with me, though! i do hope you get good news and can take off the boot soon! (i know exactly how you feel... twice i have had to wear a "moon boot" and it was not fun!) hugs my friend!!

Jill said...

beautiful card Sue love the flower you've made thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Shanna Shands said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the colors you used and the flower you crated. Thanks for joining us in the handmade flower challenge over with the Creative Card Crew and hope to see you next week.

Shanna

Evelyn S. said...

It's truly soothing, Sue...and very much in keeping with your style! Generally, I don't choose green, but I agree with you about the effect of this particular color. Well done!

susanne said...

Hi Sue! Hope you are doing well! I love this card and your flower is gorgeous!! Beautiful shade of green ... so earthy!

lisbeth said...

Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy this week