Jun 28, 2011

Wild Rose.

Good Morning All
It is cold and wet here in Auckland.

I have turned myself completely away from Loud Yellow (my last creation), to the soft muted tones of warm and cool shades, almost 'dusky' with this card.
This is more me, but I like to break out wildly on times!!!! even though the results are not always to my liking, it extends me, and stops me from becoming bored.
My close friend returned from a trip in Europe, and this is the stamp she bought for me as a gift, she knew exactly what I would like, it is gorgeous.

The image lends itself to a CAS card, but naturally my instinct is to embellish I can't help myself, even though I know it can hold it's own on one layer.
Rosie, you would make a wonderful card with this image.





It is called 'wild rose' from Personal Impressions and I coloured it up with my Marvy pens using the thumping technique, I paper-pieced a few leaves to create some interest, it turned out  wonderfully after a few practise runs!!!!  I will admit to a disaster or two!
But I had fun and enjoyed the feeling of the 'unknown' it is always a surprise with this technique, there is apprehension and excitement when you lift the stamp off the CS and you uncover what was hidden. There could be a high degree of gratification or there could be a high degree of disappointment, but this is the fun part, you get to know what works and you learn!


Challenges entered for this card are:
Wee Memories #60  'Party time'

Make it Monday #43  always Anything Goes.
CAS-ual Fridays 'Getting Edgy'

 Smiles:)

20 comments:

Grace said...

Oh this is beautiful!!! I love this pretty image and what a sweet gift to bring you! Love the layout and design! Saw this on Make it Monday and had to have a closer look! Beautiful!!!

Michelle said...

Hi

This is such a beautiful image!

Love how you have made it the focal point of this card.

Thank you for sharing with us this week at Make It Monday.

Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning.

Michelle :o)

Rosemary said...

your card is so very pretty, sue! and definitely more "you"!! (how sweet of you to say i would make a lovely card with the image. i may have to go hunt down that stamp now!!)

Barb said...

Hi Sue! What a pretty stamp that is! You've colored it beautifully! I've never heard of the thumping technique. Is there a link to a tutorial we can see? I'd love to try it. Hope you see the sun soon! Hugs to you! :)

Dawn said...

that is one beautiful stamp Sue and your thumping technique makes it look gorgeous.

Mandy said...

Oh wow beautiful card, so pretty and elegant. I've never heard of the thumping technique, did you make it up when you were a bit stressed lol.
I saw this on MIM :)
hugs Mandy xx

Jacqueline said...

Very pretty card Sue, looks like a posh English plate that they hang up in their homes!

Mary J said...

Sue, this is just gorgeous! What wonderful colouring and layout! Love that sentiment too!

Hope you are having a lovely week honey!

chris richards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evelyn S. said...

How pretty, Sue! (I would hate to think that winter was starting here!) I photographed some wild roses a week ago.

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
hugs
Laura

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue, this card is gorgeous--love the roses. Your design is very elegant. (It is good to be back into making cards.)

Laurie W. said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sandy said...

Stunning card, love the image and it is coloured so well, The diecuts are great to present the rose on, I saw your card on Make It Monday, good luck
Sandy

Carlie M. said...

This is beautiful! I love the floral image and the papers give it a sweet effect and it makes the perfect birthday card! I saw your card on Make It Monday and was amazed!

Wide Eyed Stamper said...

I absolutely love all of your work, This one especially grabs my eye... you've used some of my very favorite colors.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and the dear comment on my paper piece vase card. It means so much to me coming from such a talented artist. *smiles and hugs*, karen

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful card and beautiful coloring!

Shirley said...

A beautiful, classy and elegant card. I love everything about it.
I saw your card on the make it Monday blog.

Shirley

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful & elegant card, Susan! Thank you for playing with us at Wee Memories! :)

Laurel said...

This is just fabulous!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.