Jun 21, 2011

Shabby chic for a change!



Hello Everyone.
I made this card to enter two Challenges;

Sketch Saturday #160


 

 

 

 

 I made a shabby chic card as I had not made one for awhile.

 And over at allsorts the recipe is

3 papers. 2 Ribbons. 1 Flower. 

Week 108 - 3-2-1 at allsorts. 

 

I followed the sketch quite well I thought. My colour palette is the earthy Brown and warm serene turquoise with a hint of pink, it is  subtle but it creates a soft effect, which when viewed as a whole is pleasing to the eye.

Well I think so anyway.

Butterfly,Ribbon and lace were a gift from Rosie. (thankyou). The Flower is one from my stash. Papers are a mix; one is 5th avenue, one is a  watercolour and the other I have no idea.

All were from the scrap basket.
I spent a most enjoyable two days making this card, I still love this genre very much.


Smiles:)

11 comments:

Dawn said...

this is a great card Sue. you are great at this genre. The colours are lovely

chris richards said...

Hi Sue,Your shabby chic is always so good,love the choice of colours and nice to see a round card !!
love and hugs
chris richards
xxx

Maya said...

Such a wonderful take on our sketch!!
Love the shabby chic feel in it, and love the colors!
Thank you for playing with us at SS,
hugs from Maya

Mary J said...

Wow, wonderful shabby chic card! Love the eclectic feel Sue!!

Rosemary said...

oh now this is a perfect example of shabby chic loveliness, sue!!

scotspanda said...

wow this is gorgeosu, the brown and blue combo is so pretty. love it

thanks for joining in with my 3-3-1 challenge this week at Allsorts and good luck!

hugs

Amanda x

Jo said...

you've followed the sketch beautifully, I love this card.
Thank you for joining in with us at sketch saturday
Jo xx

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue
Your card is beautiful -- great take on the sketch.

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

A beautiful card love the flower so pretty...

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Brenda said...

Love that beautiful lace trim and flower Sue! Great shabby card! Also really like that stitching on the blue paper, great touch!

Mummylade said...

what a wonderful colour combination and the stitching is great! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!