Jun 23, 2011

A pieced flower

Hello Everyone.

It is cold and wet today, Ch Ch earth -quake residents are learning today that  some suburbs are going to be bulldozed and cleared, the Government are going to buy them out so that they can start a life some place else, how traumatic this news will be for some especially the elderly. I think there are around 5000 homes affected.
But, it will be welcoming news for the majority I would guess, as they have had enough of no running water, no toilets only port-a-loos on the street to use, and no decisions or payouts from EQC.
Certain suburbs are a complete mess!


I felt we all needed a bit of sunshine in our lives so I made this card, it is from the
'Flowers and Wishes' Transparency set by Penny Black.



Stamped onto my watercolour paper, and I chose a palette which is predominantly  warm and vivid.  Initially I felt it was a little sharp, but once I coloured and pieced the flower heads in the whimsical orange, the card became cheerful and friendly.
I chose not to place a sentiment as I felt it would be a card for many occasions.

This is a close up of the flower head.
 I added Beadazzles for the centre.


Nearly the end of the week once again, hope you are all well.
Smiles:)

6 comments:

Barb said...

Sue, that background has to be one of the prettiest ones you've done! I love it! And your flower is so beautiful too!

Evelyn S. said...

Sue! This is a fabulous card! I love the piecing, but that background is so beautiful. Love that scalloped layer, as well.

Dawn said...

Beautiful Sue. Love those bright warm colours on your background. Draws the eye.

chris richards said...

Hi Sue, OMG are we in tune or what !!!!
I made a watercolour grid card last night.....
How spooky ? Seriously though Sue, this is so
amazing.....those colours and the image are just
'MAGIC'
Love and hugs
chris richards
xxx

Brenda said...

Hi Sue, I haven't seen this flower before, it's so beautiful! I really love your warm background!

Rosemary said...

a definitely ray of sunshine, sue! beautiful background... smiles!!