Jun 20, 2011

Deconstructed Poppies...

Hello Everyone.
I hope you all had a good weekend, I certainly did, I spent time in my room creating, it is always satisfying when you actually complete a card or two as well instead of pottering and straying from computer to card table, does this relate to any of you?

So I made a few cards as you have noticed by my frequent postings, I may bring you up to date with my last post where I pinched an idea from Rosie, you will all be pleased to hear that we are still on speaking terms!!! Ha
And yes Rosie you have rubbed off on me, but I was unaware until now!

This card was created with the view of entering the Hero Arts Challenge
'watercolour technique.'

The Hero Arts(CG140) Poppy background.




I have painted the Poppies with Broken China distress ink using a water brush, after white embossing the stamp.
Once again I only used part of the image, choosing this palette is mindful of clean and clear (white)  but with a hint of warmth (Turquoise).
Suitable for a sympathy card I thought.

I am doing so well at "Make It Monday"BLOG I have featured 2weeks in a row by two different Dt's and if I could copy the darn Blinkie thing to say as much I would, but it will not do it for me.
I am entering this card for #42 Challenge and see if I can do one better this week!

I may have a few days off now as I have posted up all my cards!

Smiles:)

19 comments:

Barb said...

Your painted poppies look beautiful, Sue! Don't take too much time away, please!

Evelyn S. said...

It is absolutely dazzling, Sue! I've had the stamp for several months but haven't inked it yet. Unfortunately, I have several stamps like that. Beautiful, beautiful color on the white. The entire card is a beauty.

Jacqueline said...

I too love these shades of turquoise on your poppies - am getting to love this color for a fresh feel. A beautiful card Sue!

Dawn said...

Stunning Sue.... you are getting much better at your CAS ~ very impressed with this card. Love the blue you chose for your poppies. It really suits the stark white.

Lai-Yoke said...

Fabulous card with the turqouise on the double white bg, Sue! Hope you will get that blinkie thing this time - wish you lots of luck!

Irene said...

A beautiful and stunning card. I saw this on Make It Monday.

irene
xxxx

chris richards said...

Hi Sue, love the shades of turquoise, especially
with the white,and all the lovely details !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxx

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Sue . Love this colour combination . This is a stunner !Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Mary J said...

Wow, this is stunning Sue! Your colouring is amazing!

Well done on getting chosen again - must be getting boring, lol!! Thx for joining us again at MIM!!

Mx

Judie said...

Hi Sue,
I saw your card on MIM it is so lovely. Great colors.

Judie
www.Cardsbyjudie.blogspot.com

Rosemary said...

your deconstructed poppies are so very lovely, sue!!

Sandy said...

I saw your card on MIM and came for a closer look, a wonderful sympathy card, just looking at it makes me feel peaceful - love the colour combination too.
Sandy

Zoechaos said...

Lovely card soft and gentle XOXO Zoe

Elizabeth said...

Hello Sue, popped over from the MIM site to have a better look at your card. It is lovely, I like the white embossing coupled with the blue - just like gorgeous Himalayan poppies. Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! The technique is great and the color is perfect. I love the layering that gives it depth, too. I wish you well in the MIM challenge.

Stephenie
www.sscrafter.blogspot.com

fls said...

WOW! What a beautiful 1st card posted at MIM. That's really lovely.

suzARTe said...

This is such a beautiful card.I love the main image

I would love it if you could share it on my latest giveaway

Michelle said...

Hi

Wow, absolutely stunnning card, such striking effect you have created.

I am so glad you are enjoying the make it Monday linky party. We certainly enjoy viewing the fabulous creations you link up.

I'm sorry the blinky is not working for you.

There is an error with the code by the looks of it. I will try to get that fixed.

Michelle :-)

Ms. Petersen said...

Broken China is my favorite blue, and your poppies are a perfect example of why. I found your gorgeous card at Make It Mondays, and am so glad I did. Great inspiration!