May 23, 2011

Pieced Flower

Hello Everyone.
It is a glorious Spring Day and I was in the right frame of mind to salvage a card that turned out to be a complete failure when I made it into a tall card last week, with the intention of entering it into PB tall card Challenge, needless to say it did not happen.

So I gently pulled it apart, as I wanted to keep the image intact as that part was okay!!
As it happens this weeks Saturday Challenge at Penny Black #152 is
'Fussy and Fancy' so not to waste a really good image, I  made full use of what I had spent quite a bit of time on and made this fancy card.
I am hoping it is going to be fussy enough to qualify, I will be the first to admit that I have made fancier ones, but I did not want the image to be swallowed up by unnecessary elements.
I am much happier with this design, the first attempt at placing this lovely image on a TALL card was disastrous.

 I think you will agree it is a sweet card.





    Close-up of pieced flower.


The BG is watercolours, which has been hand stitched.
The Dye-cut image has been machine stitched.
Hand made little roses.
PB Clear stamp from  the Transparent set 'flowers and wishes' (30-047)
Distress Inks
Cretacolour aqua pencils.

Challenges entering for this card.
Penny Black #152 Saturday Challenge 'Fussy and Fancy'.
I Did it Creations#56 'Anything Goes'.
Wee Memories#57 'Stamp IT'.
Make It Monday #38
Stamp TV Mix It Up Monday Challenge Shabby Chic.

Thank you for looking today.
Smiles:)

19 comments:

Dawn said...

Just beautiful Sue.... much better looking on this card then the tall one, I must say. Love your ribbon roses. Finish it off perfectly

Barb said...

Sue, I love this! Totally gorgeous! Your pieced flowers are beautiful and I love that pretty lace!

walchowDesign said...

Glad that you did not throw the image away, Sue! It's a lovely card and love the sweet bg too!

Mary J said...

Stunning, Sue! I adore all of the little details and the flowers are amazing! Totally beautiful!

chris richards said...

Hi Sue,love the way you've '3D'ed the image
and your choice of colour works really well !!
Love the little ribbon roses too !!!
Overall a really lovely card.....!!!
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxx

Kerrie said...

Hi Sue, beautiful cards, thanks for visiting my blog... and yes we are neighbors... my brother lives in Auckland!.. I used to visit quite a lot, when traveling for work, but haven't been for a few years.... kerrie

Kerrie said...

Opps....

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Beverley said...

I saw your card on MIM and it is fabulous...soft and delicate...I love it...TFS.

stampin' hugz
Beverley

Stamps and Paper said...

Hi Sue... love your card especially the touch of lace at the bottom and your 3D flowers

Anne

Rosemary said...

its a beauty, sue! so glad you were able to salvage the image and turn it into this card!

Evelyn S. said...

How pretty, Sue! I like that you pieced a flower that isn't the typical one..but is more "angular" than others. Then to use it on those fabulous stitched layers! Oh my!

kath said...

beautiful card sue....thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Sue .What a great save . Lovely card .love your stitching and piecing .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

jenny said...

Beautiful card, love the lace and stitching details x
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday :)

Jenny x

Betty Wright said...

This is gorgeous, Sue! Love the colors and the dimensional pieced flowers! Lovely card!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful.
luv
Debby

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Your pieced flower is so pretty with delightful colors and I spied that zentangle flower too...fabulous!

Padster said...

Lovely card - thanks for sharing with IDIC this week
Hugs,
Debbie xx

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Gorgeous!!!!!Thanks so much for playing along at Wee memories!!!!