Mar 16, 2011

Sympathy Card

Hello Everyone.

I have linked this card up to Make it Monday  as it is one of my favourites that I have made, and I would like to share it with you, for those who have not seen it. 

My card today was made up following the sketch at:
Just Add Ink Challenge #59 


 Well I tried to follow!!

As you can see I have not made a circle Sentiment, why you may ask, and you have every right to ask why, well to be quite frank it looked damned awful on this card!
So I hope the girls at JAI allow me some individual creative licence, and I am not deleted off, it is all about interpretation anyway isn't????

 My stamped image was a gift from my friend ( Chris R) and I was eager to do it some justice, as I do not cut up squares this small ever!
It is such a lovely image, and I think perfect for this card.
I am guessing distress inks have been used, you may also be able to pick up in the photo a background silver swirl, it is very subtle, looks like dots when it first catches your eye.

For a change I used the CB to emboss my background. 
I can hear you all gasp..........
What NO stitching and No Cricut!.
Is this not a pleasant change for you all!!!!!!! ha

Have a great Day.
Smiles:)

21 comments:

KimB said...

It looks beautiful to me Sue - and I can see how a circle image wouldn't have worked. Using a neutral background with the image works well too!
Kim (JAI)

Evelyn S. said...

Beautiful card, Sue! That image is so perfect for the 'window'!

Tiffany said...

Very delightful colors on this, so serene and beautiful! The window effect is lovely as well!

Christine Blain said...

Absolutely beautiful! You certainly have done the stamped image justice.

Barb said...

Love the effect of the cut up squares, Sue! Like looking out a window at a beautiful scene! And by the way. . .I love my Cuttlebug! Hugs! :)

Dawn said...

LOL.... Glad to see the CB getting an outing... I'm sure it has been feeling neglected a bit... I just love how you made the image into tiles Sue. It is a beautiful card.

Arlene said...

Beautifully done - love the looking through the windows scene. I love my CB!

Melissa said...

This is lovely, I really like your image in the "window", very nice.

chris richards said...

Hi Sue
What a perfect setting for the image,I am so impressed and glad that you used it !!
Fabulous job dear friend... !!
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This card is so serene. I'd love a view from my window like that. Thanks for joining in with the sketch challenge at JAI this week.

Rosemary said...

your card is just beautiful! i love how you changed the circle element to the little banner!

delysc said...

Beautiful card Sue! Thanks for playing along with us at JAI this week

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue, this card is gorgeous. Love the cut image; looks like looking out of a window and seeing this gorgeous scene outside. Love how you change the circle to a sentiment. Nicely done.

Linda R. said...

What an amazing card.. I just love how you made that window.. Very clever. That image goes perfect with it..

~Linda

Michelle said...

Hi Sue

Absolutely beautiful card!! I love the layout (sentiment looks perfect this way).

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning.

Dawnll said...

Love the embossing on this beauty.
I seen you on Make it Monday
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Debs M said...

wow, this looks fabulous, saw it on make it monday x

Sally said...

Gorgeous card. I saw it on MIM and thought I would pop over and say )
Hi.
Hugs Sally xxx

Dianne said...

A lovely sympathy card, the colours are so peaceful.
Dianne.

Kerrie said...

Beautiful card, and your sentiment is just perfect!.....

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

ferrellgraph-x said...

I just love your tile technique. It's simply beautiful!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer Ferrell