Mar 2, 2011

A Heart Shaped Card...

Hello Everyone.
I wanted to enter the Die Cut Divas Challenge this month as it is on Shaped Cards and Dawn is the Moderator hosting this one, and I do enjoy doing the odd shape now and then.
If you remember I made a Tag awhile back out of a Heart, I thought this would be a good shape to make!!!!
I soon realised why there are not many Heart Shape cards out there.
Yes, well it sometimes takes awhile for the obvious to register, and of course it did very quickly.

It would not stand up!!!!!!!!! Huh. Now I was feeling a little more than stupid I can tell you.  But I am resourceful if nothing else, I mean I am not one to be beaten, no no this problem will be solved!!!!!..........
Anyway 10 mins later I had the card standing on its own, Yea...... I did a bit of squaring off at the point of the heart. I don't think it distracts from the Heart shape too much, well I hope not. Dawn may cancel me out as it not being true to shape! But, I am thinking, (I do think) she is my friend, we make cards together, I mean, I even demonstrated my water colour paper technique to her, gosh I even gave her some! (You reading this Dawn.)

Yea I'm Sweet.

 I am supporting you all the way Dawn!
 I hope you will all join in and make a shaped card, it is a lot of fun, especially when they do not work out ! Ha

 Entered into.
HA Challenge March 2011A layer backgrounds.
Die cut Divas Challenge Shaped Cards.

 Tools
Dye cut Heart (cricut)
 Embossed script.
Distress Inks.
Fabric Flower.
HA stamp Flower Sketch
Hand painted water colour paper.

Have a great Day.
Smiles:)

8 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm laughing away here Sue!!!!!!!!! take about bribing the moderator!!!!!!! luckily it is by random draw... I think I can give you this one even thought the bottom is flat.... very ingenious of you.... it is such a pretty card. I really like it...

Barb said...

I really like it too, Sue! You are so funny. . .I'm laughing right along with Dawn! Seriously, your card is really beautiful! :)

Evelyn S. said...

Beautiful work, Sue! And it stands??? Wonderful.

chris richards said...

Great idea Sue, cutting the tip off !!
It is a beauty !!!
love and hugs
chris richards
xxx

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful card, sue! so many wonderful details!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue, your card is gorgeous--I love the victorian look of this and the layers are awesome. Great job and you didn't cut off too much at the bottom and it still has the basic heart shape. Very creative.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh I think it's simply beautiful, Sue!!! On my tag, I just printed it out and added glitter...I didn't use inks (I haven't had much luck with those! lol.)
I hope you're having a beautiful day!!!
XO

Uniquely Myself said...

Hi Sue! I just found your blog. Your cards and scrapbooking is awesome! Nice to see some of the new diecuts etc too! Sandra from Canada