Mar 1, 2011

St Davids Day and beyond..........

                A Very Happy St Davids Day to all my Welsh Friends.

It is March 1st and although most you have no idea about St Davids Day and think that today is like any normal day. Well, I am here to tell you that to me and all Folks of Welsh Heritage that it is Special.
Even though I have spent most of my life in NZ, I still have wonderful memories of going to school in my Welsh Costume (unfortunately I have no photos). and learning about  my country, no subjects were taught and school finished at 12md, so that alone was a treat!  It was a morning spent singing (in Welsh) of course and celebrating our National Day.
The Welsh People are extremely proud of their Heritage, and sometimes I yearn to hear the Choirs. I do have CD'S of course but my dearest husband Rob (English Stock) unfortunately has no concept about Welsh singing and how it stirs my soul.
I still have my Welsh Accent!!!!

Linda at Funkie junkie.
Made this beautiful card last week, and it reminded me of Wales.
She was totally unaware that combining the Daffodil ( the National Flower) and the music element, symbolises everything about Wales.
                                         
I do not have a Daffodil Stamp, but nevertheless I was inspired to make a card.
I have NOT cased Lindas card.


                               We always sing out loud, Always.....

                The Hedgehog has no symbolic meaning to anything Welsh.!!!!
                None that I know of anyway.
If you click on the card you will notice I have stamped music on the background.                  

                                 Close up of Hedgie....

 Well there you have it, your History lesson for today.

 I have entered this card into I did it Creations Challenge #43 Punches an Dyes.

Cael diwrnod hyfryd. (Have a nice day).
 Smiles:)

7 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I'm honored that you would share my card on your blog, Sue, and touched that it was so meaningful to you! I hope you had a lovely St. David's Day. Your card is so sweet and happy, it makes me want to sing!

susanne said...

I love both cards, Linda's card is so pretty and yours is so adorable! I enjoyed your story Sue too. Isn't Tom Jones Welsh? He has an amazing voice!

Dawn said...

Happy St David's Day Sue. I have a friend, Ann, who always celebrates this day too.... I worked with her and she would sing to us in Welsh on the day... Love your fiddling hedgehog... so cute. Very cute card.

Barb said...

Such a cute card, Sue! Happy St. David's Day to you!

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at IDIC.

chris richards said...

Hi Sue
Happy ST Davids day !! Love your Hedgie !
love and hugs
chris richards...... (A good welsh surname)
xxxx

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, I love both cards--and I never heard of St. David's Day...I'm going to Wikipedia to read about it...(My son's name is David!)

And also, your Sunday afternoon looks amazing too!!!
XO