Feb 9, 2011

My mini Tag

Greetings Everyone.
Tag Tuesday has come around again, and this week Louise
(Kard Krazy) has challenged us to do a tag with another tag on top! 
There are some very talented tag makers out there and it is worth taking a browse through what has already been posted.
Inspiration is a wonderful thing, and when I see something on a card/tag that I think is amazing it just motivates me to push myself a little more to try and do something just as amazing.
Sometimes it all comes together (not often) and sometimes I have complete disasters.

 I interpret ideas into my cards that I think will work, I do not seem to have one particular Genre, which comes as a bit of a surprise to me.
When I was patch-working quilts, I always stayed Traditional and stuck to the earthy colours.
This does not seem to be the case with my cards!

                                           
                                                   This is my TAG:


                    I am Wishing that it is going to come together.
                                                       And it did!!!!!

                         

                          It is not a big one as you can see just 3ins x 2ins.

 How it was put together:
 I coloured the background and stamped a flourish in distress inks
(weathered wood, pumice stone, peeled paint lightly) and Aged mahogany).
The background behind birdcage is my own made paper.
Cricut birdcage, bird and flowers out of my paper,
Glossy accents on all the petals, and diamond dust on bird wing.

I am still in a shabby chic mode at the moment, lets see how long it lasts!!!!


Smiles:)

21 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Yes, Sue! It definitely came together! It's a beautiful piece, too.

Rosemary said...

what a gorgeous little tag, sue! all the detail you put into it... amazing!

Dawn said...

Lovely little tag Sue. Your shabby chic is just that.... wonderfully shabby and superbly chic.... All came together beautifully

Lynn Stevens said...

Yes it did and its DARLING!!!! You put a smile on my face!

Barb said...

Sue, you've sure packed a lot of yummy goodness into this gorgeous, little tag! LOVE that flower!

chris richards said...

Hi Sue
Delightfully Dainty !!
Classy and Beautiful !!!!
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxx

sue said...

I hope the shabby chic phase lasts a long time, this is a beautiful little tag

Diann said...

This is just a beauty and all came together quite well! Diann

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How fantastic, your tag looks beautiful.

Jacqueline said...

Wow, this is BEAUTIFUL! I love birdcages on tags or cards, it's just super pretty!!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is incredible!! I mean...seriously, just gorgeous. I know exactly what you mean about style. I am all over the place, depending on my mood. Right now I'm feeling very shabby chic too, so your tag is especially appealing!

woodandfabric said...

Such a Gorgeous Tag! Beautifuly detailed! A real piece of art!

Sarah said...

So chic and shabby. Beautiful tag!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue, this tag is gorgeous--I love the bird and birdcage. You did a wonderful job. Hugs to you.

JeanFB said...

What an adorable, shabby chic, yummy tag!

Dawn said...

Hey Sue

Have given you an award on my blog
Cheers and hugs
Dawn...
PS see you tomorrow

Hellemor said...

This is a darling tag. That a great design. Love the bird and the cage.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Wow, Sue, I just adore this! Love the shabby/chic lookin brown and white!

Linda R. said...

Oh WOW!! This is so beautiful.. I just love everything about this one. I also love the shabby feel it has to it!!

Hugs, Linda

Marva said...

Oh this is wonderful!!! You do such beautiful work!

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Sue, this is darling. I love the little bird and the glitter and lace. Your soft colors are beautiful and as always, you make the best flowers!
~Renee