Feb 4, 2011

Colour Challenges and Fantasy.

 Good Morning everyone.
I have spent the past two days organising myself to make a couple of cards for some Challenges I thought I would enter.
Not that I am ever successful. ( like many of you I guess.)
But, and there is always a But is there not?
What I figure is, that the law of averages will soon tap me on the shoulder and I will be one of the lucky ones whose card has been randomly chosen. YEA.
You see, I have just about convinced myself that it is not being picked or chosen that is important to me, no no no....... What I am thinking, and today it appears I am thinking, that it is the Challenge that is important, yes it really is, it would never be about the recognition or the accolades or the personal pride, and telling everyone that I have been the special one, ummm.........YEAH RIGHT.
I am a firm believer that fantasy is good for the soul.
YES, I am feeling better already.



So here we go the first of the Challenges:
The Colour Throwdown CTD127 Challenge!
This is my take:

I have kept it simple, as I wanted the butterfly to be the main focus.

Tools and supplies used:
Martha Stewart loop Punch.
Nestabilities Dyes.
Cricut for the butterfly.
Watercolour paper
Distress inks
Glossy accents.
Pearls.
Scor pal.

I just love these colours, thank you to the team at Colour Throwdown, it was not a Challenge to make this card it was pure enjoyment!

Check back in a few days for my next Challenge.
Have a great weekend.
Smiles:)

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Just lovely Sue. I really do the challenges for the "challenge" as I usually try to do "colours combo" as that are not my strongest point...or if there is a new technique I haven't tried.... good luck and keep trying.

Barb said...

I'm in the same boat, Sue, although I don't enter very many challenges. I definitely need to do more of them! Lovely card! The loopy frame, pretty background, stitching and lovely butterfly all add up to one beautiful card, my friend!

Evelyn S. said...

This is a beautiful take on the Color Throwdown, Sue! Lovely!

Broni said...

This is beautiful, Sue! I love how you used the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Oh my, another beautiful butterfly creation!!! Love it!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Kristin Eberline said...

Stunning!! LOVE your card :]

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

This is a gorgeous card you created!!