Feb 25, 2011

Because your special.....

Hello Everyone.
It seems ages since I last posted but I don't think it was.
It is Friday and the weekend is just upon us Yea...
Rob and I are going out to lunch on Sunday, no special reason, there is entertainment on at Gulf Harbour, and on a hot day it is lovely just to spend time together and talk uninterrupted with some good food and music.
Gulf Harbour is at the end of Whangaparoa Peninsula, it is about a 15mins drive north from where we live, it is a Marine Village and a gateway to the Hauraki Gulf.
It just has a Bar/Brasserie, a cafe and a Country Club.
It is a change to get out of the City.

So to my card and I am going to enter this into Two Challenges.
The first is: and one of my favourite sites to visit is,  Just Add Ink# 57 


The second Challenge is
Pals Paper Arts PPA 82-CAS-Elements of Style-SCALLOPS.
This is my first time to place an entry into their challenges, but I liked the idea of Scallops, as I do use them frequently in my cards.


                                      The Card.....

                                  The Flower.....


Now I know you are all going to ask me how I made my flower?????
I love Fabric, I love to touch it and look at it, I love everything about it. You may think I am MAD and a few may agree, but back in the days when I made quilts, I always made flowers. So it was an obvious progression to make a flower for my card out of fabric and this is what I have done!


I used 100% cotton and the tools below.


I hope I have inspired you today.
Smiles:)

13 comments:

Dawn said...

quite stunning Sue. Your flower embellishments are all amazing.

Evelyn S. said...

I remember what you said about fabric! ;-) This is a wonderful, wonderful flower!

delysc said...

Its gorgeous Sue. I love your shabby chic flower and card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Add Ink and hope you come back and play some more.

Karen said...

Stunning, what a fantastic flower, love it

d.engler4 said...

Sounds like you'll have a lovely time on Sunday! This card is truly beautiful, Sue! Another amazing flower! Hugs to you!

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card, sue! sounds like you and your hubby are going to have a wonderful day on sunday!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your flower is awesome, Sue! I, too, just love making fabric flowers so I really appreciate your beautiful work. I have been meaning to stop by to say Hi and thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog. I especially enjoyed hearing about the daffodils being the national flower of Wales and about St. David's Day where the women wear them. I really enjoyed making my card and now I enjoy it even more learning about the flower.

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Linda

chris richards said...

Hi Sue
Fabulous fabric flower,Awesome as always !!!
One question.....Is the candle used to stiffen
the fabric of the flower ?
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxx

Sue said...

The candle is used to curl the fabric.
(Satin in this case.)
Smiles:)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is so Shabby Chic. Just gorgeous.

Melissa said...

Beautiful, and that flower is gorgeous, love it.

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

So pretty! The flower is amazing. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Jo said...

What a beautiful card you have made with the challenge colours. Great work.