Jan 31, 2011

You make me Smile

It has been a Public holiday today in Auckland; Anniversary Day, we celebrate the arrival of William Hobson the first Governor of New Zealand.
There are fireworks on the Harbour at night, and also there is a huge flotilla of sailing craft, tug boats, and dragon boats, basically anything that can float, it is a wonderful sight.

I did not venture down into the city this time, I preferred to stay at home and make a card, it is a case of been there done that scenario.
If you don't know already but Dawn of Dawns world is a fellow card-maker friend. We spent the afternoon together last Friday and I made up some of my watercolour paper, I gave some to her and we decided to challenge each other on how to best use the paper, you can see Dawn's card here.

This is my card using the paper.


I stamped over the background in aged mahogany. (DI)
Cricut the bird out of the same paper and covered it in Glossy Accents.

Hope you are having a good day.
Smiles:)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

You have made a lovely card Sue. I love the shaped labels on it and your bird is wonderful. I never thought of doing something like that...

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Sue! Love the shape, your stitching and that fabulous, glossy bird! Lovely background too!