Jan 14, 2011

With Love Card

Everyone is slowly but surely getting back into the swing of producing wonderful cards after the Christmas holiday, and the work that is being posted is quite inspiring.
I managed to make one in between the outings.
(family visiting from Wales).
They are having a wonderful time, the weather unlike Australia is fantastic, they have been very fortunate to have left Australia before the floods happened.


This card I will enter into the dutchdare-card challenge All stitched Up.



Cricut made the hearts, flourish and petals for flower.
Machine stitch around background.
Hand stitch around heart.
Distressed and inked background.

I am not sure whether I like it!
It has not had the LOVE over it that I usually provide to my work, so it is a little disappointing to me in that respect, but, I have made a card, I will have to accept that I cannot produce a perfect one every time!

                                     Smiles:)

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Sue, you are way too hard on yourself.... I LOVE what you have produced here. The colours are very subtle and your flower is stunning.

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Sue, I love everthing about this card. The stitching is my favorite but I love the colors, the design and the pearls are beautiful. Your layered flower is great too. I love how you sparkled it up. (you know how much I love sparkle!) This is a wonderful card.

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue,

This card is beautiful--I especially love the flower and the colors. You did a wonderful job. Take care and Hugs to you.

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Love your tag. Beautiful choice of fabrics and design. Blessings, Debbie

Cynthia Schelzig said...

I really like this piece. Interesting composition and I like the colors.

Hellemor said...

Such a sweet card. Love the yellow flower. great stitching.

Thanks for you kind words on my blog. I am happy to have a visitor from New Zealand. It´s so far away from Denmark.