Jan 20, 2011

Wedgewood Blue

I must be having a blue month (metaphorically speaking) as all except one card that I have made since Christmas has had Blue tones. I have made a little card which I made the flower the focus.  The Frame stamp by jemac (australia) has been heat embossed with white embossing powder, and as soon as I saw the effect on the light blue background it reminded me of Wedgewood Blue Pottery.
Hence the title.


It oozes softness, so I just kept it quiet, (unlike me) and stamped a short sentiment,
I could not resist a flourish.
The Flower:
CS painted in blue tones with Distress inks.
Then cut into 5 different sizes with cricut.
Clear embossed about three times to create the shine.
Placed some stiff ribbon between the petals for some interest.
Edged everything with weathered wood Distress ink.
One of few cards that I have made in a quick time period, about 4 hours.
(I can hear you gasp!) This is real fast for me.

It is soo hot here in Auckland I am expiring!!!!!!!
It is 7.30 in the evening.
Smiles:)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

It does look like Wedgewood Sue. Very pretty and your flower is stunning as usual....Very "you" ~ just love what you create. Our styles are so different which makes it fun.

Barb said...

Hi Sue! That is such a lovely shade of blue! So pretty! I love that delicate frame and your flower is just beautiful!

Lin said...

Hi Sue, Barb (above me) sent me here because she knows that I love blues! Your card is indeed lovely! The frame is so pretty and just right to frame your lovely flower!

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

This flower is amazing! I love the colors and the ribbon is so pretty in between the layers! What a wonderful card!