Jan 27, 2011

Valentine Tag

This weeks Tag Challenge with Louise over at Kard Krazy is Valentines.

Here in New Zealand we do not make a great deal about Valentines Day, even though the population has been made up of immigrants from many countries since Captain Cook planted the British Flag, but it has never taken off.
I would suggest it is because KIWI guys are the least romantic I have ever come across. (apart from the Aussies who are on a par!)
I am generalising to the extreme probably, as my dear Rob is very romantic, and he is a True Blue; A colloquialism for being totally a New Zealander.
The term is commonly used in Australia but the origin is from England and means steadfast.
Goodness went off on a tangent then, what a load of useless information that was!!!!

 Back to the Tag, I made it simple but with enough elements to create interest.   





Background, hearts and letters have been cut out on the Cricut using the paper I painted up yesterday, then I covered them in Glossy Accents.
It is only 4 by 2 ins so looks quite cute.
Hope you are having a great DAY.
Smiles:)
 

11 comments:

Dawn said...

I think you have made a very cute tag here Sue. So very pretty. The Glossy accents on the letters really make them stand out.

Evelyn S. said...

It's a great tag, Sue! And many Americans would say that Valentine's Day is emphasized much too much here! I know this...it's an expensive day! Love how you used the Glossy Accents.

Sarah said...

Very pretty cascading hearts. Soft, sweet tag.

Lynn Stevens said...

Love all the hearts and so pretty!

vintage wil said...

What a beautiful tag !!!

Linda R. said...

Your Tag is so Beautiful..

Sharon Sams said...

I love the how translucent your tag is - great little hearts.

Erica said...

It's beautiful! Love the colors.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Sue, I found your tangent quite interesting -- and I think your tag is quite lovely!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Love all the texture! Nice tag you've created.

nonnie said...

loved your explanation of nz - vd - that is what i love about blogging...hearing about how things are perceived/done differently in other parts of the world...even this country, regional differences can be huge! and your tag is beautiful too!