Jan 12, 2011

Fabric element Tag

Once again Tag Tuesday has come around, Louise has asked us to use some fabric, this was music to my ears, as I love working with fabric.
Any way this is what I designed for the Challenge.



I cut out four heart shapes all different sizes.
Stamped a flower image in white on one of them and embossed dots on another.
Made a flourish, and placed some pearls on top.
The flower is sitting on organza.
WORM, BUMBLE BEE, and BUTTERFLY are all out of 100% cotton fabric.
And of course I had to do some stitching!

Hope you are having a good day, we have heard about the terrible shooting in Tucson. This tragedy is becoming all to familiar and it saddens me no end.
Closer to home in Queensland Australia, they are having catastrophic flooding, many people are now missing. I really wish I had some good news!

Family here who are on a visit are having a wonderful time, big family dinner tonight, so I had better finish now!

Smiles:)

14 comments:

Dawn said...

Just love the tag Sue.... it is a beauty. Love all the layers and textures as well.... perfect for the challenge.

Barb said...

Hi Sue! What a fun tag! I love the colors, adorable critters and that fabulous flower! Glad to hear your family time has been fun! Big hugs!

Shelly Hickox said...

Beautiful! The fun colors are a bright spot in this cold winter day we're having here. Fantastic tag!

Rhonda said...

Hi Sue I love what you do, your tag is awesome.

Sue Smith said...

The fabric critters on your tag are really cute! A fantastic tag!

woodandfabric said...

Wow! Such A Beautiful And Fun Tag! I Love Your Work! *Ü*

Linda R. said...

What a cute Tag you have created.. So bright and happy. Make me just want to smile..

Hugs, Linda

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Wow, this is so fun and whimsical...such bright, cheery colors, too!

Wooded Solitude said...

What a FUN tag! Lots of great stuff going on and so creative!!

Cynthia Schelzig,Cynnie said...

Super colors and bright and uplifting!!! Thanks for brightening my day:)

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

So cute! Love it. Blessings, Debbie

Life At Camellia Cottage said...

Love your tag, and it's so nice to see someone else do a tag of a more whimsical nature . . . I was beginning to feel so alone on this week's challenge! Blessings, Becky G. in GA

Wendy said...

Such a cute tag. Love it!

Evelyn S. said...

I was motivated by your encouragement to use fabric on a tag! Thanks! Of course, your heart tag is totally delightful.