Dec 21, 2010

Mixed Media Box

Seasons Greetings Everyone.
 I have made the Box for little Precious to hold her fob ornaments.
First one was made this year, there is an image below for those who have not viewed last posts. 

I started off with a plain shallow box. Gave it two coats of Gesso, then applied
Rich Gold, Rose gold and Burnished copper and Blue Acrylics randomly over the whole box including the bottom and insides.
I added Tulle, buttons and sand mortar to the top of the Box.
Letters were painted with same colours and stamped with black stazon ink lightly, and finished off with Glossy Accents. I then sealed the whole thing by covering with a gloss varnish. I want it too last a long time!
 Image of Santa is from the page that I have made the ornaments out of, I also used some rub on words in Black. I have just placed the ornament I made for this year on the left, for you to see.


I am not a photographer (obviously), which is a pity as the box is really lovely and I am so pleased with the way it has turned out, as with any random painting technique you never know how it will look in the finish, you just cross your fingers and pray!

8 comments:

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cute Santa and buttons! I love the metallic sheen!

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Barb said...

Wonderful box for your Precious, Sue! This will be treasured by her for years to come! It turned out beautifully!

Dawn said...

Sue this is wonderful. What a great tradition you are starting. I envy you being with your wonderful eye for colour. So pleased to have you as a stamping friend!!!!

peggy gatto said...

your box is delightful!!!
I had some fun looking around at some wonderful art!!!

Lori said...

I love all the textures and color! This is a wonderful project! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge!

tiggertastic said...

oh this is a treat to see, what an interesting and creative make. love the textures so much

wishing you a very happy christmas
Sarah x
Designer : Creative Card Crew, Crafty purple frog, Bearly mine Designs & Kenny K

Shelann said...

The texture is such a great detail on this. I like the Santas too of course.

kaos said...

A gorgeous Christmas project!

Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!

hugs
kaos