Dec 30, 2010

Card scraps for a Tag

Tag Tuesday once more and Louise (Kard krazy) wanted us to use left over scraps from our cards.
So seeing as I have quite a bit (like many of you) I thought I would see if I could put one together, it is more of a challenge than you first think.

  I had some vintage paper over with this Santa face, I thought it was too big a image for a card, but a Tag well it could work!

 I also had left over circles, they were not the right size but a little bit of imagination never stopped the creativeness, so I used two different ones for the background.
Added a snowflake that was lying in the tools tray as was the holly, found a bit of tulle, and a pearl. Have to own up to making the Greetings text though, but I suddenly had a brain wave, more like an tsunami really. It is New Years Eve tomorrow for us (you do realise that NZ is the first to see the New Year in.!) So it was very appropriate to see out the old and let in the new on this Tag.
Very clever of me don't you think? I will add that it is first thing in the morning here, and a glorious day, all conducive to good brain waves.

 It may also be that I have had a few days break from making cards, I did post my 5 favourite Xmas cards which was no work, but I have to tell you that while I was sorting out what 5 to post (which was really difficult. Like Dawn I could have picked 10 easily.)
I found it was better than being in therapy to look back on what one has created over the past year. You look at the cards in a different way; critically for sure, but you also realise how good you are at this Art!!! So one should never be afraid of acknowledging and recognising one's talent and to feel good about it.
Sharing and giving of the creations is the icing on the cake, as there is always a positive reaction, it may only be one comment, but that is all it takes to inspire once more and lift one's spirits. So to all who do take the time to comment know that it is always, always received gratefully.
And with that I will leave you and wish you all,
 
  A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR WITH 
 GOOD HEALTH AND HAPPINESS.
                          
Smiles :) as always.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

wow Sue... it turned out superb. I really thought that some tulle would look good and it does,... I am impressed. From seeing it in parts to now seeing the final product....wow wee!!!! Enjoyed myself yesterday - must do it more!!!!

Jacqueline said...

Such a lovely mix of festive elements!

Barb said...

Love your tag, Sue! It turned out beautifully! I have definitely grown in my card making, although there are still times when I make the strangest ones! I know I've improved because of all that I've learned in the past year! Hugs to you and Happy New Year!

sharon sams said...

Love all your little embellishments and that jolly face! Thank you for reminding us to look back and see how much progress we make in one year. Happy New Year!

Evelyn S. said...

It's wonderful, Sue! I think it's a special piece!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

A great use of that paper piece. I have some of that and never quite know what to do with it.
Like the tag!

Shelly Hickox said...

Fantastic tag! I love the image and all the little embellishments.

PetraB said...

Brilliant tag, the face looks amazing on the tag.

MrsJJB1999 said...

Your tag is beautiful...