Oct 21, 2010

Inside and Out card

Hello once again to my fellow card-makers, I spent the day inside as the weather in Auckland is depressing! We have a long weekend coming up and many city-siders will be heading North to have a break and hoping for some Sunshine. It is windy and precipitating frequently and to add to the misery it is cold!!! This time of year we usually have warm days and it is often a time to clean up the Barbie as we look forward to eating outside on the Deck or Patios. But it is not happening......we are looking at the forecasts and every day it is the same, when you talk to anyone they all mention the unusual weather.
Oh goodness is this boring or what!!!!!
I started this card making the Flowers after viewing Jennifer Mcquire Holiday thinking  inking  at 2peas as have so many of you.

            
The Flowers 
 Made by cutting a spiral and clear embossing.  I did use distress powder on one of them to create a little texture. It almost looks as if it is dusted with sugar.
The Butterfly

Once again I have used my own paper, this one was Watercolour paper and watercolour paints.
C.B. Butterfly x 2  liquid pearls for the trail.
Stitching  by machine.





 Now you have a sneak peak at the inside.
Inside of Card 
 I stamped a Butterfly image
with Gold and BLUE.
Then I painted up the wings in White.
The dry embossing at left hand corner is a C.B folder, and of course I followed through with a little flower.










Tools I used M.S.Punch. Sewing machine, CB,
I am hoping to enter this card into the Caardvarks challenge.
and Just Add Ink 40 Challenge
Mmmm I am still learning. Ha ha

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Sue - this is totally stunning. Just amazing.... I must have a look at it over the weekend.

Barb said...

You have truly out done yourself with this amazing card, Sue!! I absolutely LOVE it! Wow! Your flowers turned out beautifully! I love that they match the paper behind your framed scallops! What a fun idea to have some patterned paper showing through like that! Really, really love this card!! :)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue, when I saw your card I sat in my chair and stared and kept repeating to myself "wow, this is beautiful"!! This card is gorgeous and you put a lot of work into it. The flowers and the butterfly are stunning. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Take care and God bless. Hope that your weather turns sunny soon.

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty card thanks for sharing!!!

mulberry station said...

Wow, I am really impressed with your work. This is absolutely gorgeous!
Nancy

Kathy said...

Love your artsy and creative card. It's so beautiful!! :)